What are the must-have furniture items in a living room? A sofa set? A comfy rug? A coffee table? A bookcase? What about a TV?
Does a TV really need to be the centre piece of our living room designs? These designers say no.
“No TV? Then what is all your furniture pointed at?” – Joey Tribbiani, Friends
Actually, some homeowners actually prefer NOT to have a TV in their living room designs. Having a TV will only get in the way of good conversation and the ability to enjoy each other’s company.
If you want go TV-free, check out these living room designs from Malaysian interior designers.
1. Lots of white and soft furnishings give this room a lovely texture.
2. A custom cabinet to showcase your collection.
3. A work of art gets the conversation going.
4. A long L-shaped sofa becomes the most inviting spot in your home. Have a wood feature wall to separate the living room and dining area.
5. A warm and cosy living room design with feature wall and cove lighting allows the family to wind down after long day at work.
6. A cheery living room design that is well-stocked with board games and puzzles; no one would ask for a TV anymore.