In a smaller condo or apartment, the laundry room is always sacrificed to make space for the kitchen. In some cases, it can even be missing entirely.
That’s a shame, because the laundry room is a useful multi-purpose area in any home. You can do laundry there, you can store all your cleaning appliances there. And it functions as a drying area when it’s raining.
If space is tight in your home, here are some laundry room ideas to make the most of your space:
1. Add a counter above the washing machine to create folding space
2. Install vinyl flooring. It’s waterproof, and softer than tiles so it’s more comfortable for your feet
3. Stack upwards: Put your dryer above the washing machine (ideally, you should use a shelf to separate them)
4. Create space for different laundry baskets to separate clothes
5. Cover the washing machine and dryer with a door or curtain
6. Add a rail above the washing machine to hang clothes or unused clothes hangers
7. Get a slim rolling shelf to store detergent and other items
8. Install a drying rack from the ceiling or wall, ideal for rainy days when you can’t hang your clothes outdoors
9. Install a pegboard on one wall to hang tools and make it a multipurpose space
10. Make a slim cupboard to store your ironing board and vacuum cleaner, along with laundry detergents